One of the biggest and most significant choices you can make is to relocate to a fresh nation with your marriage. There are a few things you can do to speed up and simplify the immigration operation, despite the fact that it can be difficult.

It is crucial to understand that if you plan to marry a Us citizen outside the United States, you will need to go through the Green Card ( immigration ) process after the marriage. This entails a clinical examination as well as an interview at the American consul or embassies in your relative’s nation. This could take a long time to complete.

It is always a good idea to respond with an seasoned emigration lawyer if you are unsure of your next steps. By speaking with an attorney who is familiar with the procedure, numerous perils may be avoided.

Because they are getting married in a nation that does not sign the Hague Convention on Consular Relations, some persons believe they may avoid the interview. However, since Uscis will still need to examine your financial and civil documents, there is no way to evade the appointment.

To make sure you are not getting married just for immigration rewards, the diplomatic agent may also ask questions about your marriage. They will inquire about your relationship’s origins, how you met, and other details that might seem private but are necessary to confirm it.